The Windows Systems Engineer is a system administration resource that supports servers for deployment projects and ongoing operations. This role will ensure that the server infrastructure for GovHHS clients meet all service level agreements for availability and performance during production operations. This role will also provide implementation support for new deployment projects.
The Windows Systems Engineer will be a member of the Platform Services team for GovHHS and could interface with multiple internal and external teams to understand the solution requirements and coordinate the appropriate setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of issues.
The Windows Systems Engineer works with application and other support resources to ensure installation, routine maintenance, upgrades and daily support of the server, network, storage and other interfacing systems.
Candidates will have access to highly sensitive public record information and thus all new hires and current employees in positions of this level will be subject to periodic background checks.Essential Responsibilities
- Work with internal business and customer teams to understand solution requirements.
- Collaborate with business units, data owners and IT to successfully implement the customer solution.
- Ensuring the setup, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of a custom Data Warehouse infrastructure consisting Windows/Linux/Unix application servers and Oracle Exadata appliances, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interface with the business and customer teams pertaining to all technical server matters.
- Coordinate with Technical Project Manager to project scope and compile delivery estimates.
- Continually review and suggest improvements to the infrastructure processes, policies, and vision and explore new and emerging technologies.
- Performance Management & Monitoring - Implement and manage processes and applications to proactively monitor the health and welfare of the infrastructure environments to address concerns and issues before they happen.
- Infrastructure Availability Management - Develop and manage processes designed to meet or exceed services levels for infrastructure availability.
- Maintenance & Configuration Management - Ensure effective processes are in place to continuously refresh platform, maintain proper OS levels, and proactively apply security patches