The primary purpose of this position is to maintain and help improve equipment reliability, operating efficiency, safety and service quality to the Ice Cream Plant. Production
- Develop, modify, perform and record preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment, motors, pneumatic tools, and conveyor systems to improve reliability and efficiency
- Understanding the total process layouts and provide line support by performing online repairs and maintenance to maximize efficiency through optimal interface
- Responsible for startup, operations, shutdown and maintenance of all plant equipment
- Troubleshoot problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Follow diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's instruction, and engineering specifications to troubleshoot, diagnose, install and repair all plant systems.
- Program/troubleshoot PLC and operator interface panels and program variable frequency drives
- Implement projects for line improvement
- Plan and direct the development, detailed engineering design scheduling, procurement and construction.
- Maintain and update equipment files and records.
- Set up and order spare parts.
- Help maintain performance standards
- Identify issues and implement improvement plans and initiatives to achieve department and plant goals
- Ensure that all standards and requirement s for food safety and quality are maintained as they pertain to the maintenance department
- Maintaining and operating the Ammonia refrigeration system in accordance with all safety procedures and within Cal ARP, PSM/RMP Standards
- Works with and assists contractors performing ammonia refrigeration work including air, water, gas, electrical, chemical, steam, fire sprinkler, and waste water systems
- Responsible for wastewater compliance, quick response to PH warnings, reading of charts and logging/reporting inefficiencies.
Experience / Requirements QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Supervise contractors during weekend maintenance, shutdowns and in the completion of maintenance projects.
Education SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND/OR TRAINING:
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to wear required personnel protection equipment to include Air purifying respirators, which requires a medical physical, and clearance to wear APR.
- Minimum three years of maintenance manufacturing experience.
- Proficient in Soldering, Brazing, desirable to have MIG / TIG welding experience. 40 hr. HAZWOPER Certification.
- Must have the ability to adjust devices and control instrumentation
- completing root cause analysis
- Able to read electrical and mechanical blue prints.
- Working knowledge of machine shop equipment,
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Must be familiar with food packaging equipment
- Demonstrated experience and skills with plant maintenance, food safety and GMP, problem solving and continuous improvement techniques.
- Possess an ability to fabricate parts
- Knowledge of food manufacturing machinery required, Allergen Control, GMPs
- Preventive maintenance, repair and adjustments of filling conveying, packaging, palletizing and auxiliary equipment
- 1-year experience in ammonia refrigeration, boiler, and wastewater.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.