SUMMARY The primary purpose of this position is to transport ice cream from the ice cream plant to retail stores. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. This position will require nights, weekends and some holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
Experience / Requirements
- Deliver ice cream to retail stores in accordance with the current delivery schedule.
- Ensure the temperature of the ice cream is maintained during transport to ensure the quality of the product.
- Load empty delivery carts and returned products onto the trailer at the retail store for transport back to the distribution center; ensure the store manager signs all paperwork.
- Perform equipment inspections as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Observe Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards and procedures within the department.
The following qualities are required:
- Minimum age of 18 years old to operate machinery.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations This position requires a valid commercial driver's license to drive delivery trucks.
Physical Demands The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The associate is:
- Regularly required to do the following activities:
- Stand dynamically for long periods without a break.
- Walk about.
- Remain seated in a normal position for long periods.
- Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions.
- Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; the ability to type, pick, pinch with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn with hands, and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
- Climb stairs and/or ladders.
- Maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running.
- Twist upper torso.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Reach up and out with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds and carry a distance of twenty (20) feet.
- Occasionally required to do the following activities:
- Recognize flavors or odors and distinguish differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors or odors.
- Lift up to one hundred (100) pounds and carry a distance of five (5) feet.
- Push and/or pull up to fifty (50) pounds a distance of twenty (20) feet.
- Rarely required to do the following activities:
- Stand statically for long periods without a break.
- Lift more than one hundred (100) pounds and carry a distance of five (5) feet.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Color vision and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Peripheral vision.
- Depth perception and the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Adjustable focus.
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.