Valley Regional Medical Center - Brownsville, TX
ICU Clinical Educator Specialist - Registered Nurse
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center
proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley. Valley Regional Medical Center
is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Women's Services
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
• The ICU Clinical Educator Specialist collaborates and communicates with the ICU departments, Valley Regional, and outside agencies to facilitate the delivery of quality care across the healthcare continuum. Duties & Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a productive manner.
2. Demonstrates interdepartmental support and teamwork through a supportive and collaborative approach.
3. Supports the Nurse Manager to ensure staff compliance with policies and procedures, mandatory requirements, and license and certification requirements.
4. Maintains compliance with federal, state and other governing bodies such as TJC to include licensure and certification data entry, working closely with vendor to ensure complete compliance.
5. Participation with team to develop processes to promote quality patient care.
6. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
7. Develops methods and procedures for compiling and analyzing data for reports and special projects to meet customer needs.
8. Participates in outreach activities necessary outside agencies in an effort to expand services.
9. Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars/professional development as requested by manager.
10. Conducts periodic audits of essential clinical activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
11. Assists with new hire orientation, training, special events/projects, employee relations and compensation assignments as assigned.
12. Supports the facility Standards of Performance.
13. Will work 24 hours in staffing as a ICU RN and 16 hours facilitating training, in-services and other requirements for the unit.Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS:
• Graduate of accredited School of Professional Nursing.
• BSN preferred
• Current Texas RN Licensure
• Over 2 years clinical experience as an RN
• BCLS Provider; Instructor preferred
• ACLS/PALS Provider preferred
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom