Join our Team at Ogden Regional Medical Center. Be part of the best clinical and support staff at Ogden Regional that are dedicated to providing high-quality patient care in a team setting.
Our northern Utah facility serves a large community with our variety of services including: a cancer treatment center, women's services, cardiology services, and an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center as well as many others. We were listed in the Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospitals for 2013 and continue our path of excellence in healthcare.
Ogden Regional is at the heart of the mountains with over six ski resorts within an hour's drive. There is also a great downtown area with restaurants and shops to satisfy all tastes. With a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital is in a great central location to meet all your family's needs. Registered Nurse ICU: The Intensive Care Unit has 14 beds.
Responsible for processing and coordinating the flow of updated patient information and unit activity. This position deals with confidential information of a critical nature on a routine basis.
- Duties are primarily carried out on ICU, but occasionally will be required to perform duties in other areas of the hospital.
- Complete nursing assessments on individual patients by observation and interaction with patient/significant others to identify physical and psychosocial.
- Does complete and accurate patient admission assessment within the guidelines by the Patient Care Policy on Physical Assessments.
- Completes prescribed nursing interventions and procedures within state practice guidelines.
- Evaluates and documents each patient's response to medications, interventions, and procedures. Assists in formulation, coordination, and implementation of the patient's Plan of Care based on the assessment of their individual needs.
- Safely and accurately administers medication and IV solutions by utilizing e-MAR scanning. Acts in accordance with their professional licensure and hospital policy. Maintains patient safety during all aspects of nursing intervention and documents safety measures in patient's medical record.
- Responds appropriately to all emergencies, and follows standard precautions for all patients.
- Follows policies, procedures and standards that govern delivery of patient care in compliance with the established state, federal, corporate, hospital, and nursing department regulations and accreditation standards.
- This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category.
- They must also be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families from birth to death according to standards.
- Performs treatments/procedures and administers medication within state practice guidelines.
- The employee needs to participate in the department's unit councils and quality improvement programs by identifying, collecting, analyzing, and documenting the
- Follows-up with other associates, other disciplines, physicians, and others staff members are necessary.
- This ICU was recently remodeled with the most up to date technology and support systems for assisting nurses.
- Current licensure, in good standing, as an RN in the state of Utah.
- Current Basic Dysrhythmia ACLS and NIH Stoke Scale certification are required within first 6 months employment.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers certification required.
- Required to have graduated from an accredited Registered Nursing program. Hospital mandatory education for employment in Critical Care.
- 2 years clinical nursing experience or the equivalent required.
- The employee will have frequent interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other departments, patients and their families. They must have the sensitivity, maturity, and the ability to communicate with others.
- Prioritizes and organizes work effectively. Follows through on assignments without prompting and anticipates/prepares for forthcoming problems and projects. Interfaces closely with employees and representatives from outside the hospital to ensure positive working relationships. Failure to carry out methods/techniques could result in compromised patient care and/or satisfaction.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom