Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
ICU RN - Medical - Full Time Mixed
The Medical ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN Preferred.
- Current licensure in Nevada as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Certifications Required: ACLS, BCLS, NIHSS. Preferred: CCRN.
- Passing score on Critical Care Test/ Rhythm interpretation examination.
- Minimum (two) years of current ICU experience.
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to the age/type of patient population served.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the developmental stage of the patient.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds and exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents.
*No New Grad Program currently*