The Identity Product Manager is a new position formed within Card Credit Operations that reports to the Senior Manager of Identity. The position is designed to lead and design infrastructure projects that support our Identity strategy as defined by the company's AML procedure manual and our Fraud mitigation program. This individual will be the business contact for the infrastructure design of CIP and Fraud processes; a function vital to improve Customer Experience and throughput performance of the Credit Operations department.Daily responsibilities include being the central point of contact for the technology teams to develop, troubleshoot, approve and implement all projects related to Identity. This individual must be an expert in infrastructure and process designs to ensure CIP and Fraud processes are operating as designed. The strategic component of this position lies in process design and backend functionality to support higher in-session decision rates and the creation of processes that allow for a low friction Customer Experience. The Manager will be responsible for partnering with the various value stream to ensure the completion of regression testing, controls testing and post install validation on behalf of the business. Maintaining all documentation including Post Install validation documents will also be under the scope of responsibility for the manager of the team.Core Responsibilities
- Partner with external vendors and technology teams on technology modernization efforts to achieve in-session fraud and CIP decisions
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships within the Credit Operations team, CSCM and members of risk management teams.
- Lead cross functional teams to find innovative solutions to verifying and obtaining information in a real-time environment to promote a digital Customer Experience
- Aid the Credit Operations team in developing an industry leading Customer experience through the credit application process
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively with cross functional partners including the field centers
- Collaborative and proactive problem-solving skills with a high level of detail
- The ability to gain buy-in and promote change throughout the organization
- Experience in leveraging technology to deliver business solutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years related experience in Financial Services, Risk, or Operational roles
- 2+ years' experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and advanced Excel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.