iDevice Engineering Manager - SecureWorks
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posted: January 02, 2017
Reference ID: 16000RFW
iDevice Engineering Manager - SecureWorks
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyberattacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat.
In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,200 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. We’ve been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers’ polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
The iDevice Engineering team is a highly skilled team that are experts at managing SecureWorks' Counter Threat Appliance (CTA), Advanced Endpoint Threat Detection with Redcloak and iSensor IPS platforms and the backend infrastructure that supports them.
This position (iDevice Engineering Manager) will work with multiple teams, including, but not limited to, Counter Threat Operations teams, Software Engineering and Product Management, to define and operationalize the vision and architecture of the iDevice platform roadmap. The iDevice Engineering Manager is accountable for providing oversight, mentorship and guidance to the team and to ensure exceptional service
delivery to our internal and external clients. The iDevice Engineering team interacts with a significant number of teams internally at SecureWorks, and the Manager will need to effectively manage relationships and expectations, while collaborating strongly with these teams as part of his/her daily responsibilities.
- Provide hands-on involvement, guidance and technical direction to the team
- Collaborate with Product Management to align on iDevice Engineering's quarterly and annual roadmaps
- Collaborate with internal teams like Customer Implementation Services, Support Engineering, Software Engineering, IT Operations, Finance
and Procurement to ensure efficient service delivery
- Mentor team members and ensure growth of personnel
- Perform remote employee/team management
- Escalation contact for the iDevice Engineering team, and for Management escalations
- Ensure team cohesion and focused delivery against objectives
- Budgeting and forecasting, including CAPEX/OPEX needs
- Track and execute on vendor support renewals
- Track quarterly project deliverables, and report on status/exceptions
- Responsible for production and lab infrastructure, including planning for cost effectiveness and growth
- Participate in an on-call rotation
As a managed security provider, SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- Working knowledge of PERL and BASH
- Excellent knowledge of Unix Operating Systems
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
- 10 years of network and security experience (combined) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of experience managing projects and deliverables
- 3 years of experience managing local and/or remote team members
Strong problem solving skills, providing solutions in a systematic and clear manner, easily understood and followed by subordinates and colleagues
- Working understanding of Agile software development
- Working understanding of the JIRA platform
- Working knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Understanding of the OSI model
Providence, RI, Atlanta, GA, or Lisle, IL
SecureWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SecureWorks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SecureWorks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. SecureWorks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SecureWorks encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Network Security Manager - Infrastructure Design and Management*
**Organization:** **Security Solutions*
**Title:** *iDevice Engineering Manager - SecureWorks*
**Requisition ID:** *16000RFW*
**Other Locations:** *North America-US-RI-Providence, North America-US-IL-Chicago*