At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. Our Claims Organization's vision is to be the most admired in the industry and among consumers by being purposeful, innovative, passionate, and customer-centric in everything we do.
The Individual Disability Income insurance claims specialist evaluates individual disability income insurance claims and exercises independent judgment, discretion and critical analysis to reach reasonable claims determinations that are in accordance with contract provisions and time service standards. JOB LOCATION
United States : Florida : Tampa ALTERNATE JOB LOCATION
Not Applicable : Not Applicable PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manages assigned caseload with limited supervision.
- Provides timely, balanced and accurate claims reviews, documentation and recommended decisions in a time sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Compiles file documentation and correspondence requiring extensive policy and factual detail. Identifies information and resources needed to adjudicate claim.
- Communicates decisions to policyholders in verbal and written form.
- Conducts lengthy detailed information-gathering phone calls that obtain medical condition details, financial details, occupational details and other information.
- Refers to external and internal resources, such as physicians, attorneys and CPAs to gather data such as medical/occupational information in order to ensure well-reasoned decisions.
- Clarifies and reconciles inconsistencies.
- Proficiently calculates benefits due after elimination period, COLA, Social Security Offsets, and residual and non-routine payments.
- Drafts responses to Department of Insurance and Presidential complaints.
- Identifies and refers appropriate matters to legal counsel.
- Represents MetLife at depositions and trials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:BUSINESS CATEGORY:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- 1+ year related business experience
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Global Technology & Operations NUMBER OF OPENINGS:
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 08M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.