Operates digital printing and bindery equipment, verifying that quality and schedule expectations are met.
- Read and understand job tickets in order to ensure conformance between specifications and printed output. Impose, proof, print and package jobs according to ticket instructions.
- Verify the type and amount of stock matches paper specified on production ticket prior to printing.
- When stock specified on production ticket is inventoried stock, allocates the amount of stock used for project in PSI.
- Logs into PSI to ensure that all time is properly recorded into job.
- Ensure that digital presses are maintained properly, performing regular maintenance
- Ensure that iGen printed output is of the highest color fidelity and that variance between proofs and print runs is at a minimum.
- Maintain image quality during print runs. Detect, troubleshoot and fix any image quality issues as they arise.
- Maintain the iGen according to Xerox guidelines and as necessary to preserve image quality.
- Perform limited bindery functions on digital and other jobs. May include cutting, folding, laminating, perfect binding or other finishing methods.
- Maintain inventory of iGen consumables and house stocks.
- Assist with production in the offset prepress including plating, proofing or other duties as assigned.