To insure quality castings are provided to the customer per customer requirements and specifications, by inspecting equipment and castings per technical drawings and marking documents and initiating requires forms for repair.Major Activities/Key Challenges:
- Calibrate FPI test panel (daily).
- Performs FPI penetrant separation and precipitation visual check test.
- Performs FPI audits and self-auditing system.
- Maintains annual test panel calibration log.
- Performs post emusifiable penetrant system removability test.
- Maintains record logs on department chemicals.
- Checks ultraviolet intensity reading and ambient light.
- Checks test panel and cleaning solvent.
- Checks FPI penetrant sensitivity test and sample.
- Performs monthly penetrant degradation check.
- Performs FPI processor and inspector audits.
- Process and inspect castings for defects.
- Print lot trace cards when necessary.
- Maintain daily pace boards.
- Move castings to their designated area.
- Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines; this includes, but is not limited to, regular attendance and occasional overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 months related experience and/or training.
- FPI Level 2 must qualify every 3 years.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Calibrate FPI test panel (daily).
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
One year certificate from college or technical school.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.