The Team Leader coordinates work activities on a daily (shift to shift) basis to meet customer delivery schedules under the direction of Department Supervisor.
First Shift: weekend shift
Second Shift (equiax): 6:00 pm - 4:00 am (Monday through Thursday)
Third Shift: weekend shift
Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Uphold and demonstrate Arconic's values in approach to work, decision making and interpretations of ethical guidelines and polices for subordinates.
- Keep work areas on pace - meeting or exceeding standards and targets evolving from our business objectives
- Plan and execute strategies that achieve departmental P&L's goals and objectives.
- Drive or facilitate troubleshooting/problem solving activities that manifest positive resolutions or improvements aligned with the Arconic's objectives.
- Ensure employees are properly trained to all the duties within their current classifications; initiate cross training to create flexible workforce, thus incorporating optimal efficiency throughout area of responsibility.
- Take initiative to become a change agent that effectively utilizes business understanding to inspire team toward winning and achieves area objectives.
- Analyze data to make decisions that drive positive impacts and sustainability for your team, department or organization.
- Communicate expectations, plans and objectives effectively to teammates - ensuring understanding through seeking input and results.
- Coordinate work flow through department daily to meet production schedule.
- Working knowledge of all non-certified operations in department.
- Perform a minimum of 50% of the essential department operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer one year of previous manufacturing experience in a leadership role.
- Prefer previous Casting experience.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.