Radiographs castings, sample parts, and structural members of flaws, cracks, or presence of foreign materials and process related deviations.Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
Basic QualificationsEssential Knowledge & Skills/Education:
- Operates x-ray and film processing equipment
- Aligns test specimen between source of x-rays and film in accordance with approved x-ray techniques.
- Adjust controls of x-ray equipment to expose x-ray film.
- Removes and develops film from cassette.
- Assist in isolation of indications appearing on film and assists in analyzing findings.
- Perform daily systems daily checks, quarterly, and annual calibrations on all associated equipment related to x-ray process with limits allowed within Quality Assurance Standards 092.
- Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines; this includes, but is not limited to, regular attendance and occasional overtime.
- Ability to Read and interpret Defects size on film.
- High School or GED.
- Previous X-Ray Technician or NDT Certification and/or experience equivalent.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and circumference. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.