The Annuities Product Manager, Illustrations is responsible for managing the tools, processes, and operational aspects of the Annuities Illustrations systems. This will include developing new product illustrations, changes to existing illustration systems, and monthly updates for rates, indices, and unit values. The successful candidate will have experience in the annuities industry and will work closely across business functions that will include sales, marketing, legal, compliance, information technology, and risk management.
- Partner with market line leader to assess market need for new tools/enhancements, utilizing customer analysis, competitive research, and data analysis. In addition, will obtain, analyze, and utilize feedback from the Sales organization.
- Business lead on cross-functional project teams to implement new illustration systems or enhance existing product illustrations.
- Create business requirements for illustration system development and changes.
- Develop test plans and perform illustrations system testing.
- Assess illustration issues and develop remediation strategies.
- Participate in the prioritization of defect correction and enhancements related to illustration systems.
- Conduct user training for enhancements and new tools. Develop and enhance Illustrations user experience.
- Ensure alignment between Illustration Tools and strategy.
- Creation of approved illustration template to be filed with FINRA, including facilitation of review and sign-off.
- Maintain integrity of illustrations platforms by performing ongoing maintenance for monthly rate changes and ad hoc regulatory changes
- Annuities or Variable Life Insurance experience required; 3-5 years' experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills
- Project / Program team lead and business influencing experience a plus
- Product experience strongly preferred
- Experience with illustration systems
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to partner with a wide variety of other functions and levels, including Sales, IT, and Actuarial functions.
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strength of convictions and ability to influence decisions
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues and develop recommendations
- Strong technical skills required
- Must have solid organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute plans
- Ability to effectively manage several dissimilar projects and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.