Imaging CT Technologist Specialist PRN
The CT Technologist will provide optimum patient care while performing diagnostic CT exams requiring no constant supervision. Responsible for knowledge of cross sectional anatomy, radiation safety, and contrast media administration, all functions performed at computerized operator console.
- Performs the duties of a Radiologic Technologist as needed using imaging modalities, radiographic procedures, applies principles of radiation protection and the ALARA principle.
- Performs radiology services "on call" as needed
- Responsible for knowledge of human anatomy, routine positioning and specialized view positioning, technical factors and film selection, radiation safety, proper sterile technique, PACS / CR / Meditech / Vitra (as related to imaging) and contrast media administration.
- Interprets physician instructions, explains procedures to patients, selects software options and imaging parameters when adjusting CT machine, views images from an imaging session and keeps records of the results.
- May be responsible for ACR requirements.
High School Diploma or GED and graduate of a school of Radiology Experience:
Minimum of one year experience as RT (R), specialty experience in CT, strong background in cross-sectional anatomy and knowledgeable in multi-modalities. Licenses/Certificates:
Current license with TDSHS MRT Board and ARRT; must hold the advanced registry in CT with the ARRT within one year of employment, and current American Heart Association BCLS or within one month of employment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom