Imaging Operator for Grand Format - Vutek Operator (2nd Shift)
Company: R R Donnelley
Posted: January 19, 2016
Reference ID: 199589
- Responsible for set-up and operation of large format (Vutek) presses with maximum efficiency and quality.
- Operating, maintaining, and printing of all products and equipment in Grand Services.
- Read and interpret job jackets to determine the type of work to be done, the quantities to be produced, and the materials needed.
- Monitor machine operation, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure proper operation.
- Sort, assemble, and proof completed work.
- Remove printed material or finished products from machines, wrap products, stack products on pallets or skids, or pack them in boxes.
- Retrieve and put away necessary paper stock, clean rollers, add toner and fluids as required and/or needed.
- Maintain accurate production logs, including work volumes and output, materials used, and jobs completed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete work requests according to client and in-house deadlines.
- Work with data processing group and account managers to produce and manage (on a production level) projects of various scope and complexity.
- Operate high resolution color Digital printers and proprietary imaging equipment.
- Program and prepare jobs for printing.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests.
- Setup, program and release jobs from print queue. Adjust image position. Color quality and resolution, perforations and folds on paper, etc.
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Maintain inventory levels.