Qualifications: Knowledge and Skills
- Manage global immigration program including overall relationship with global immigration vendor.
- Plan and execute effective communications strategy to convey timely immigration updates.
- Build internal partnerships to ensure the immigration program meets the needs of our partners and our clients.
- Work closely with outside counsel on the strategy and details for all cases and associated employer-sponsored petitions. Partner internally to understand and meet immigration needs for new countries/new markets as well as changes to immigration legislation.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting on metrics and trending and make recommendations for program improvements.
- Influence decision making, approach and future direction for immigration.
- Provide input and design on immigration policy (in alignment with business needs).
- Represent immigration with internal stakeholders, including HR Business Partners, business unit management, vendors and clients to ensure client satisfaction.
- Partner with Legal department and other stakeholders to ensure and promote compliance.
- Test immigration program for market competitiveness, cost/benefit and alignment with corporate values.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate immigration requirements.
- Comprehensive technical skills in immigration processes; strong knowledge of H-1, L-1, permanent residency processes, familiar with US immigration law
- Global Immigration experience preferred
- Significant experience in working with multi-national employees
- Considerable experience in corporate mobility and immigration function
- Strong vendor management skills
- Expertise in Corporate Immigration
- Project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong PC software skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization including Global partners
- B.S. level degree, or equivalent, in related field
- 6 years of directly related and applicable experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.