The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Exploratory Science Center (ESC) Cambridge, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving early discovery research. Co-located with Merck's Cambridge Innovation Hub, the ESC's disease-area-agnostic research agenda fosters hands-on collaboration between our scientists and external academic and biotech researchers to access and explore the most promising emerging science.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create a fast-paced, nimble and flexible environment of mutual respect, creativity, invention and teamwork. With access to Merck's proven global R&D organization, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking Immunology research associates to join the Merck Exploratory Science Center (ESC) in Cambridge, MA.
- Successful candidates will become part of a creative and flexible team that will investigate host/pathogen interactions, the influence of the microbiome on host immunity and immune responses to novel vaccines with the ultimate goal of delivering novel therapeutics to address significant unmet medical need in infectious disease as well as broader indications.
- Will leverage advances in immuno-biology research and employ new technologies to impact programs.
- Candidates for the position should have expertise in isolation & characterization of human and mouse immune cells; and experience with Immunology techniques including Flow Cytometry, ELISpot, Luminex and ELISA
- Designing & implementing animal models of vaccination, autoimmunity and cancer
- Critical to success are a high degree of organization, and go-getter mentality, as wells as advanced experimental capabilities
- Required: BS in Immunology or related discipline
- Preferred: MS in Immunology or related discipline
- Minimum of (2) years Laboratory Research experience in an Academic and/or Industrial setting
- Flow cytometry, mouse and human immune cell isolation, ELISA, Luminex, cell culture
- In vivo experience: animal handling, adoptive transfers, oral gavages, animal dosing
- Molecular biology: cloning, DNA and RNA purification, qPCR, Western blotting
- Light and fluorescence microscopy
- Effective English verbal and written skills
- History of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.