Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Immunology-Oncology Biology Senior Scientist II / I, Immune Profiling in our location
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Scientist II / I working on the Immunology Research team, you will be empowered to support deep immunoprofiling and single-cell sorting for Immuno-Oncology programs and interpret datasets involving high-throughput genomic and immune-profiling data , and a typical day will include:
Based in Cambridge, MA, this research scientist will leverage a cutting-edge flow cytometry platform for support of Immuno-Oncology programs in Takeda. In addition the candidate will continue to explore and introduce new technological tools to further expand a world-class immunology group. The candidate will experimentally evaluate/explore (i) mechanisms of action, (ii) various combinatorial therapies, (iii) immune biomarkers and (iv) therapeutic response in pre-clinical setting. He/She will also contribute scientific know-how and expertise in immunology and will develop strategies, explore hypotheses and interpret datasets involving high-throughput genomic and immune-profiling data.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Reports to Assoc. Dir. Immunology/Head of Immune Profiling Immunology Unit Boston.
- Leverages a world-class flow cytometry facility in Boston to support deep immunoprofiling and single-cell sorting for Immuno-Oncology programs through to clinical proof-of-mechanism.
- Spends ~ 85% of time in laboratory to maintain and implement a world-class immunoprofiling platform and assist in downstream experimental assays.
- Integrates this platform with bioinformatics and genetics approaches (including profiling approaches such as Nanostring), by leveraging internal expertise in Takeda in combination with academic partners and CROs.
- Serves as a liaison for immunoprofiling in the Immunology Unit, establishing best practices and scientifically rigorous standards for procedures, data management, and data interpretation.
- Assists in the identification, advancement, and success of innovative external partnerships for Immuno-Oncology.
- Provides immunological expertise for Immuno-Oncology programs as appropriate.
- Plays a key role in translational research activities, including biomarker discovery and validation.
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. systems approach to identify immune signatures, not limited to, T cell clonotype analysis in blood or tissues, mass spectrometry, and single-cell gene expression analysis).
- PhD in Immunology
- 4-5 years postdoctoral ‘hands-on’ work carried out in world-renowned Immunology / Immuno-Oncology lab
- Publication record in top scientific journals (International reputation)
- Expert in high-definition flow cytometry instrumentation, assay development, and data analysis
- Minimum 1-2 years of ‘hands-on’ experience in Industry setting with track record of contributing deep immuno-profiling support to programs and able to work well across multi-functional groups.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Requires approximately 10% travel, including international
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.