Immuno-Oncology Clinical Liaisons (CL) embody our medical mission in becoming a trusted, agile partner who engages in relevant dialogue and delivers timely, high impact data and insights that advance the science or accelerate access, optimize medical practice, and drive appropriate adoption of BMS medicines. The CL role is a field-based role with travel required. It is anticipated that a CL will spend a minimum of 60-70% of their time in the field with external customers in their assigned territory.
The primary role of CLs is to develop and maintain contacts with Healthcare Providers (HCP) within their healthcare system. The purpose of interactions is to ensure patients have access to BMS medicines, to ensure the safe and appropriate use through peer to peer discussions aligned with medical strategies and needs expressed by the stakeholders. The scientific dialogue focuses on scientific/clinical information around disease management and BMS products in a fair and balanced way. The CL will also provide clinical education for our Immuno Oncology Products.
1. External Environment and Customer Focus
• The CL will work in partnership with the Field Sales and Field Medical teams to identify community-based clinics with Immuno Oncology clinical educational needs. The CL will deliver appropriate, approved, clinical education in the form of in-office and out- office presentations in the assigned territory. They will also provide appropriate and approved educational resources and patient safety resource education to offices.
• Develop and maintain interactions with HCPs, including nurses, pharmacists and physicians, within a given geography to answer scientific, unsolicited product questions. CLs will use various channels for interactions (1:1, group presentation; remote engagement, etc.).
• Effectively present information to HCPs and be able to respond to questions, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives of BMS.
• Actively assess the medical landscape by meeting with HCPs to understand their needs and expertise. Continuously update own knowledge in treatment strategies, products, unmet medical needs, clinical trials and scientific activities. Understand the competitive landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs of customers.
• Collect and provide meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organizations to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
2. Contribute to the Medical Plan
• Develop territory Field Medical plan and HCP Interaction plans based on Field Medical Oncology objectives and HCPs needs.
• Adopt institution/account planning approach and contribute to cross-functional institution/account plans.
• Contribute to development and delivery of scientifically/clinically meaningful medical programs/projects in line with the local Medical and Field Medical plan.
3. Provide Medical Support
• As necessary and appropriate, support the initial and ongoing medical/scientific area and product specific training and provide key scientific/clinical updates to internal stakeholders (e.g. Commercial, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, Legal, HEOR, Market Access).
• Provide scientific support at promotional meetings by presenting unbiased scientific and clinical data, by evaluating speakers and by giving support to BMS-contracted speakers.
• Understand BMS Pharmacovigilance procedural documents are understood and alert appropriate BMS personnel to any identified Adverse Events.
• Advanced Clinical degree (MD, PharmD or advanced nursing degree)
• Minimum 3-5 years clinical experience with direct Immuno-Oncology (IO) experience and knowledge in IO treatment including the management of immune-mediated adverse events is required.
• Knowledge of and /or clinical trials experience
• In depth knowledge of Oncology and landscape, including an understanding of scientific publications in the field
• Understanding of the US Healthcare system, including both institutional and community oncology office settings, the pharmaceutical industry and clinical and health economic practices in the US
• Knowledge of oncology infusion center practices
• Travel required (varies by geography)
• Chemotherapy infusion experience preferred
• Patient and peer education experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and act as a team player, must be able to work with the BMS broader matrix organization
• Translating scientific or clinical data into an understandable and valuable form to help HCPs best serve their patients
• Good communication and presentation skills to present scientific clinical data and education to healthcare professionals
• Developing and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with healthcare professionals, including nurses, pharmacists and physicians
• Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new subject areas and work in changing environments
• Provide superior customer service and embrace the BMS Behaviors of Passion, Innovation, Speed and Accountability
• As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of "Qualified Driver," as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver's license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
• Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distances apart), and arrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficiently demonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible and safe driving history.
Must live within assigned territory. Must have ability to travel up to 60% and hold a valid driver's license.
CL Clinical Liaison
HCP Health Care Professional
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.