Find Your Forward as an Implementation Consultant, Staff at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. We support our team with a collaborative work environment that values leadership and new ideas. Members of our Implementation team thrive on this environment to build the solutions that power more than 13,000 banks and businesses worldwide.
In this role, you’ll help build the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s.
As an Implementation Consultant, you will be representing the company, its products, people and values to our clients. The Implementation Consultant team is the essential link between the client and the software development team to achieve optimal client solutions. Utilizing business analysis techniques and tools, the team defines detailed requirements, using business and industry needs and applicable business systems as inputs.
This job is significant to the growth of our business as it involves supporting a new client through the implementation process. The Implementation Consultant plays a critical role in the success of the deployment, configuration and set up of the Velocity Loan Origination Software.
About our Business:
Fiserv Open Solutions business provides life-of-loan support and helps banks, thrifts, credit unions and other financial institutions close loans more quickly, manage loans more efficiently, and service loans more cost-effectively. This minimizes lending risk, improves customer satisfaction, enhances cross-sell opportunities, introduces new products more quickly, and facilitates compliance with regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform business analysis activities, such as requirements analysis, business process modeling, and the creation of use cases, business rules, glossaries, diagrams, user interface, and responsibility specifications.
- Perform analysis of client business needs to properly educate the client on system set up (including maintenance, front end and interfaces).
- Demonstrate expertise on the product functionality and interfaces.
- Collaborate with project team members to clarify and detail the implementation process.
- Facilitate effective communications between the client and the engagement team.
- Work independently on small to large and complex projects without the need for supervision.
- Lead in identifying and understanding risks, problems and opportunities.
- Articulate the key business problems and provide options for a solution.
- Review test cases, release literature, and user documentation.
- Simulate or recreate customer production issues and troubleshoot processing, data or setup issues.
- Proactively identify operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency.
- Ensure operation by training internal client personnel; providing support.
- Provide reference by writing documentation.
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with key Fiserv client institutions and internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in business, finance, computer science, or equivalent work experience required.
- Three to five years of consumer lending experience.
- Three years of experience working in an analytical or technical role such as a Business Analyst or Implementation Consultant type of position is preferred.
- Systems implementation, installation or project management experience at a financial institution is a plus.
- Experience working as part of a new system implementation team at a financial institution is a preferred.
- Experience working with or installing a financial institution system or loan system is a plus.
- Experience as a remote worker or have current/prior experience working at remote client locations.
- Strong relationship management skills, consultative skills and client-facing experience.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision, multi-task, adaptability, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-motivation with excellent time management and organization skills including the ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects.
- The ability to facilitate collaboration and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Lending Regulations, e.g. TILA/ HMDA/ RESPA is a plus.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Any experience with XML or a programming language is a definite plus.
A little about us: