As an Import Export Trade Manager
within Monsanto's Global Trade and Compliance team, you will be responsible for supervising the Import (Canada) and Exports (US and Canada) movement of products, equipment, and materials in and/or out of the country in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and complying with relevant local, country, and international laws and processes. By joining our import/export team, you will be the key responsible for ensuring compliance with custom requirements. This is a critical role to ensure Import and Export Operations go smoothly.
- Expedite the import/export process by liaising with the regional Import/Export Coordinator, Distribution Planner, and Plant & Production Planning
- Administration of the import/export process (data validation, document requirements, execution of import/export paperwork)
- Respect of import/export rules, Government Compliance, Monsanto policies and procedures for all import/export transactions
- Monitor, record, analyze, and report on activities, trends, results, and recommendations relating to import/export activities.
- Willing and able to jump in and be hands-on with the team during peak periods
- Bachelor's degree in a business or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in an import/export field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS office
- Planning, organization, and problem solving skills
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Degree discipline in Foreign Trade or related area
- Fluent in other language(s)
- SAP Knowledge
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.