Healthcare Global Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Prepares documentation, maintains records, and coordinates logistics for international product shipment.
• Schedules and coordinates international air, sea and land freight transactions
• Ensures freight transactions are selected based on company objectives for cost and delivery
• Prepares Import/Export documentation including but not limited to Letters of Credit, Shipping Letter of Instruction, invoices and packing lists
• Applies harmonized codes and export licensing as required
• Maintains the shipping records, including providing tracking or shipping history information on request
• Interfaces with brokers and freight forwarders to obtain compliance with company requirements
• Coordinates with freight forwarders to merge or consolidate shipments
• Coordinate with internal departments to ensure shipments are consistent with customer requirements, to support the timely delivery and to communicate to the field regarding order requests
• Prepares Shipping paperwork as well as completes shipping transaction in appropriate systems
• Proactively resolves and escalates delivery issues to appropriate personnel
• Comply with EHS & Quality System regulations and policies
• Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concession and Regulatory Assurance requirements as associated with this job type/position.
2. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
3. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
4. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• High school Diploma/GED or local equivalent
• 3 years experience in Operations
• Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak in local language
• Ability to communicate well and work with others
• Ability to interface with Customers and Suppliers in a business professional manner on the phone and through e-mail
• Basic computer skills
• Pass all required Skills test for Material Team
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Bachelors Degree
• Experience in an Import/Export
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.