Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck Animal Health, Millsboro, DE is a BioTechnology Center of Excellence (COE) that performs vaccine production operations from antigen production through formulation, filling and packaging. This COE has expertise in mammalian, insect and avian cell culture production (anchorage & non-anchorage dependent), live bird vaccine production, embryonated egg vaccine production, roller bottle vaccine production, bioreactor vaccine production and downstream processing (water in oil emulsions, aseptic filling, lyophilization, etc.). The Millsboro site supplies and supports products for a broad range of species including poultry, equine, swine, bovine and companion animal.
This position is responsible leading critical production projects and process improvement initiatives. This position will coordinate with the Operations Excellence Manager (Merck Production System (MPS) Lead), Production Director, Integrated Process Team (IPT) Leads, and the Operations Managers to ensure key initiatives, goals and timelines are met for the site.
- Planning, organizing, leading, controlling capital and process improvement projects and improvement workshops for production operations.
- Managing key production projects and their associated schedules, budgets and delivery.
- Communicating with team members and sponsors.
- Review and revise processes and procedures against corporate and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate process, personnel, and machinery requirements; make and implement recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Participation in daily activities to understand requirements and issues.
- Provide practical solutions to projects with a high level of technical difficulties and internal constraints.
- Develop process improvement procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Analyze current process standards and metrics to make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform data gathering, root cause analysis, and performance trending to develop appropriate process control changes.
- Product/process transfers (Example: site to site)
- Validation activities
- Ability to effectively train a diverse workforce on new procedures, technology, etc.
NOTE: There are two open positions. Qualifications: Education Minimum Requirement: Required Experience and Skills:
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma/GED with a minimum of 6 years of laboratory or related vaccine production experience -OR- Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years laboratory or related vaccine production experience -OR- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years laboratory or related vaccine production experience.
- Working knowledge of aseptic techniques and aseptic operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written).
- High analytical and logical problem-solving abilities.
- Must perform more advanced mathematical calculations and conversions (Statistics, metric conversions, etc.).
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand technical information and communicate this information to colleagues at various levels.
- This position may require you to come into contact with various hazardous materials, using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Lean and six sigma skills
- Statistical math skills using Minitab
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement