In Shop Engine Technician II
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
Cummins has supplied service and support to the Rocky Mountain Region for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
We are looking for extraordinary In Shop and Field Service Diesel Technicians in Las Vegas, NV. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
- Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under limited supervision.
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble engines and /or engine components
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines
- Assists more experienced technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans engines in the workshop
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
Skills and Experience Required:
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
- Able to identify and communicate opportunities for work process improvements
- Can resolve common technical problems
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
- In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary commensurate with experience.
- Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.