In-Shop Diesel Engine Technician
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Cummins is looking for an extraordinary Diesel Technician in our Bronx, NY location. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime .
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company. Responsibilities:
- Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under supervision.
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble engines and /or engine components.
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines.
- Assists more experienced technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans engines in the workshop.
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
Skill Level A
- Broad mechanical and /or electrical repair and maintenance capability - Apprentice Certified Diesel (Preferred).
- Capable of external engine mechanical repair and maintenance with minimal supervision - practical exposure to working on diesel engines.
- Awareness of Quick Serve Process.
- Able to understand basic computer use.
- Able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing.
- Able to understand written instructions.
- Ability to work safely and identify safety risks, including completion of any requires safety training and the Job Safety Assessment process.
- Can resolve basic technical problems.
- Able to work within quality standards.
- Capable of developing effective working relationships.
- Ability to use general numerical principles.
Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus:
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Ability to carry out basic repairs and scheduled maintenance on different product types without supervision.
- Able to understand diagnostic tools.
- Awareness and ability to access Cummins service support tools (such as Quick Serve On Line) and understanding of Microsoft Software.
- Able to prepare required documentation to the standard required.
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
Cummins and E-verify
- Minimal level of work shop experience required
- Basic level of knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.