In Vivo Scientist, PDX Model Team, Oncology Biosciences
, we work together across global boundaries to discover, develop, manufacture and market prescription medicines that make a positive impact on the lives of patients as well as their families and communities. At AstraZeneca Oncology, our vision is redefining cancer, redefining our solutions to cancer and restoring patients' lives. Our mission is to make a meaningful difference to patient health through great medicines that bring benefit for patients and add value for society.
In addition to our passion for the discovery of innovative new medicines, we understand the importance of flexibility in our work-life environment and we offer a wide variety of benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources they need to pursue not only their work goals but also their life goals. We are dedicated to building strong research teams that embrace the diversity of talents of team members and allow the larger group to grow and learn together to accomplish our collective goal to improve human health. Job Description:
As a Scientist,
you will join a specialized team within the oncology in vivo biosciences group focused on expanding our patient-derived xenograft (PDX) model capability, based in our state of the art Biohub facility in Waltham MA. You will work with a team of cross-functional scientists to deliver this key pre-clinical platform to support AstraZeneca's industry-leading drug portfolio.
. Key Responsibilities:
- Using expert in vivo technical skills, support our PDX model platform build by:
- Establishing new models from fresh patient biopsies.
- Expanding models at various stages and sources to create banks of "study-ready" tumor fragments for routine use by project teams.
- Delivering in vivo pharmacology benchmarking studies on all new models using relevant standard of care agents.
- Working collaboratively across disciplines to ensure full characterization of models, including genomic and histological profiling.
- Capturing all model and study data for broad access by project teams and stakeholders.
- Utilize advanced in vitro and in vivo technical skills to enable successful PDX model development from histologies known to have low "take rates", or from limited tissue biopsies, such as FNAs.
- Bring in new technologies and approaches to improve or replace existing methods
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and implement aggressive work plans and timelines.
Additional experience desired:
- BS/MS with a minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience, including experience in Biopharma.
- Demonstrated expertise generating and working with PDX models in an industry stetting.
- Experience delivering all aspects of in vivo pharmacology studies in mouse tumor models, including dose-finding tolerability studies, PK/PD studies, and efficacy studies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Experience developing and working with complex in vivo models, including surgical models of cancer.
- Experience generating cell lines from primary tissue.
- Experience developing and using ex-vivo assays such as co-culture or organoid assays.
- Experience across multiple platforms to analyze PD biomarker endpoints in tumors and tissues.
- AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
- To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
- AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.