In Vivo Sr. Scientist, Oncology Biosciences
, we work together across global boundaries to discover, develop, manufacture and market prescription medicines that make a positive impact on the lives of patients as well as their families and communities. At AstraZeneca Oncology, our vision is redefining cancer, redefining our solutions to cancer and restoring patients' lives. Our mission is to make a meaningful difference to patient health through great medicines that bring benefit for patients and add value for society.
In addition to our passion for the discovery of innovative new medicines, we understand the importance of flexibility in our work-life environment and we offer a wide variety of benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources they need to pursue not only their work goals but also their life goals. We are dedicated to building strong research teams that embrace the diversity of talents of team members and allow the larger group to grow and learn together to accomplish our collective goal to improve human health. Job Description:
As an In Vivo Senior Scientist,
you will support AstraZeneca's industry-leading drug portfolio within the Oncology In Vivo Biosciences Team. Based in our state of the art Biohub facility in Waltham MA, you will work with a team of cross functional scientists and lead the in vivo pharmacology strategy and deliverables for early and late stage projects to support the development of new and successful cancer therapies. Key Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver in vivo screening cascades to support lead optimization and candidate selection for new drug target programs.
- Deliver comprehensive in vivo pharmacology data packages for drug candidates in early clinical development, including PK/PD and efficacy studies, dose and schedule optimization, and in vivo combination studies.
- Work collaboratively with translational scientists to support patient selection strategies and identify biomarker response signatures.
- Bring in new technologies and approaches to improve or replace existing disease model platforms that better predict clinical response.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and implement aggressive work plans and timelines.
- Mentor/supervise/train more junior lab scientists
- PhD in Pharmacology or related discipline, with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience, including experience in Biopharma.
- Experience delivering all aspects of in vivo pharmacology studies in mouse tumor models, including dose-finding tolerability studies, PK/PD studies, and efficacy studies.
- Experience developing and working with complex in vivo models of cancer, such as patient-derived xenograft models, humanized models of cancer, orthotopic xenograft models, and metastatic models of cancer.
- Experience across multiple platforms to develop and analyze PD biomarker endpoints in tumors and tissues.
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Strong track record of working across boundaries to deliver common goals.
- Ability to lead from the bench in problem solving and in the development of innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A proven track record of high productivity and scientific publications in peer reviewed journals.
- AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
- To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
- AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.