Are You Competitive in Nature?Join our elite team of highly skilled sales professionals! Charter Communications/Spectrum and our sales department currently seeks sales professionals who enjoys working in a competitive (friendly) culture. If you have a winning attitude and excel in a high performance environment, apply today! Please find below the job details and job description. (Candidate must be available to start on November 17 class) The is a consultative professional sales position within our Telesales team. Individuals in this position are responsible for residential cable, internet, home phone, and management services. This professional is responsible for learning a customer’s household needs and making recommendations while maximizing revenue for Spectrum. This position is required to sell, transfer, provide information, and offer assistance on all aspects of cable services to potential and current customers by telephone.
- Bilingual - Fluent in English and Spanish, Preferred
- Full Time Openings - Van Nuys, CA
- UNLIMITED Growth Potential
- Base Pay + Shift Differential Pay +Bonuses
- Competitive Commission structure (Average 1st year income $45k! / Top performers earning up to $65k)
- Paid Training (Base Pay + Pay Incentive)
- Generous Benefits Package
- Tuition Reimbursement for select majors.
ATTENTION: Once you submit your application to this opening our system will send you an assessment to complete online. The assessment must be completed within 24 hours, preferably the same day. When the assessment is completed our team will contact you via email or over the phone. (Candidate must be available to start on November 17 class)
- Bilingual: Fluent English/Spanish speaking preferred.
- Experience in a sales environment requiring weekly/monthly sales goals, preferred and/OR
- Two years of recent customer service experience with excellent job stability required.
- Previous cable industry and/or call center experience, is a plus but NOT required.
- Experience using a computerized system as a central part of the job, required.
- Typing speed of 35WPM, required.
- MUST HAVE open availability to work. The call center is open 7 days of the week (Monday-Sunday: 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM). The employee is required to have availability to work five days a week Monday through Sunday, with split days off.
- The paid training schedule is 8 weeks, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM OR 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM for the first 4 weeks. On the 5thweek, schedule is subject to change. It can be 11:00 am-8:00 pm OR 1:00 pm-10:00 pm with split days off. During training the new hire is not allowed to miss ANY training time such as leave early, come-in late or miss a day.
- Conducts proactive consultative needs analysis with new and existing customers including the development of client centric product solutions. They are experts in all Spectrum products, services and packages in order to support the needs of our customers.
- Answers inbound residential customer calls, covering a full range of Time Warner Cable services, including obtaining all information necessary for resolution of transactions. Calls must be handled in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Achieves all sales standards set for the department by following the established departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates full understanding of current marketing campaigns and offerings and has the ability to communicate them clearly to customers at every sales opportunity.
- Provides quality customer service over the phone, including information regarding products and services, billing, repair, collections and other types of inquiries
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner; attempts to resolve complaints successfully and upsell in accordance with established guidelines
- Maintains call and data entry (ICOMS/CSG) accuracy levels of 95% or better.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.“Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.”
- Ability to continuously learn and retain knowledge of new services and promotions being offered by the company
- Ability to learn and execute marketing/selling techniques
- Requires strong interpersonal skills including excellent time management, listening and people skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, aligned with company policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively execute conflict resolution techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly demanding and high stress work environment.
- Ability to multitask
- Must be flexible to work between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., including weekends and holidays
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, basic math, reading, writing, and organizational skills and problem solving capabilities with strong initiative
- Must have pleasant personality and telephone manner and be capable of working independently
- Strong critical thinking and problem resolution skills with a “can do” attitude
- The ability to adapt well to change
- Familiarity with applicable local, state and federal regulations
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.