Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Incentive Compensation Technical Accountant at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
This position resides within US Technical Accounting with the following principal responsibilities:
1) As a key member of the Incentive Comp/VPP team within Technical Accounting, own the accounting on a global basis for Share-Based Compensation and related activities, including financial statement disclosures, proxy information and Directors' statements, while coordinating with HR and the regions.
2) Own and perform the accounting for the Company's Variable Pay Plan, coordinating with CD, the Corporate Controller, and the regional controllers for quarterly updates, adjustments, and post-yearend payouts.
3) Assist in preparation of the Company's quarterly cash flow statement and related information. Learn and improve the Company's cash flow statement processes and analysis of key drivers, with the potential to assume the lead responsibility for cash flow statement preparation in the future.
4) Assist in the understanding and implementation of new accounting standards, beginning with those related to share-based compensation and the cash flow statement.
• 3-5+ years Big 4 public accounting and/or accounting experience in a large, global company, CPA preferred.
• Strong US GAAP accounting theory, research and application skills, SEC reporting experience preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to work effectively with management and external auditors.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Team focus, ability to overcome obstacles to achieve goals, strong people skills
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2016 sales of $7.5 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21589BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
A little about us:
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.