Incentives Compensation Management- Software Engineer
As a member of the Technology team within Capital One, you will partner with a diverse, cross functional team from Human Resources, Technology and the Lines of Businesses to deliver LOB Incentives solutions using the IBM ICM platform. Working within a scrum agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning, standups and demos, while driving design, architectural decisions and help deliver code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on challenging assignments, and educate team members and leadership on the capabilities and constraints of the solution and technologies. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight thousands of internal customers!
Capital One is seeking a Go-getter - an experienced and multi-talented engineer with a rich technical background and a bias for action. This person will act as the lead developer in complex initiatives and have accountability for technical delivery of a well thought out, scalable software solution.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in all aspects of technical delivery -- design, development, configuration within vendor solution and provide technical leadership on complex and high priority IT projects.
The role is perfect for an enterprising, results-oriented individual who likes to partner actively with clients, lead a team and get their hands dirty with development, configuration and testing. Solid communication skills and ability to work well in gray space is a must!
- Lead the analysis of requirements, high level and detailed design, integration, and implementation activities to support Line of Business Incentives using IBM ICM platform and other related technologies.
- Own solution delivery while adhering to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and architecture guidelines
- Implement software engineering best practices to ensure high quality and efficient development process.
- Document design decisions. Enforce design standards and guidelines.
- Support Product Owner in planning of technical tasks & delivery schedule
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Application development
- At least 2 years of experience in agile software development
- At least 2 years of experience with detailed technical design
- At least 2 years of experience in test planning and facilitating user acceptance testing
- At least 2 years with SQL Server or other leading RDBMS technology
- 1+ year IT experience in Financial services or Human Resources setting
- 1+ years of experience with ICM (Incentives Compensation Management) or Line of Business Incentives area with complex and varied plans
- 1+ year of experience with IBM Cognos previously known as Varicent SPM solution
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Excellent technical problem solving skills. Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.