Incident Response Administrator
Posted: September 26, 2017
Reference ID: 1216598
Incident Response Administrator
What You'll Do
The Incident Response Administrator will assist in the day to day operations of the team, ensuring that the other team members can stay focused on their specific roles and the team is operating as smoothly as possible. The IR Administrator will not only work within established methodologies to perform a variety of tasks, but will also be responsible for creating, defining, and refining new processes and methodologies to ensure the team is running efficiently. While this isn't a people leadership role, the demonstration of leadership abilities, ability to lead people, clearly and concisely communicate with a variety of stakeholders, agility to adapt to changing environments, and find success in ambiguity will be critical to success.
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you'll be part of a highly empowered collaborative team focused on both helping our clients be both better prepared to defend against adversaries on their network, as well as responding to active incidents within their network.
Who You Are
Your clients and your teammates consider you a charismatic, articulate, and a born diplomat. You check your ego at the door and learn from others constantly, while also helping to educate those who aren't as versed as you are in certain topics. As a result, you have a track record of working tirelessly to help your clients and teammates and have come up novel techniques and approaches in your time.
• Work with both leadership and responders on a day to day basis
• Be a champion for process. Develop and document processes to ensure consistent and scalable operations
• Draft communications, assessments, and reports and presentations that may be both internal and customer facing, to include leadership and executive management
• Peer review team documents and provide feedback as appropriate
• At the direction of leadership, track data and prepare reports on both a routine and ad-hoc basis
• Handling of team scheduling and working to de-conflict issues that arise
• Coordination of meeting and event arrangements
• Lead or contribute to other projects as directed by leadership
• 4-year degree in Operations Management, Computer Science or a related degree
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies, demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
• Project Management certification is a plus, as are IT Security certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, CFCE, GFCA, and/or GCFE
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.