Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Senior Security Incident Response Consultant - SecureWorks
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyberattacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat.
In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,200 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. We've been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers' polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
T he Senior Security Incident Handler is a senior level position working with clients in the growing area of managing computer security incidents. This work includes both preparing to effectively handle computer security incidents as well as actually responding to incidents. Helping clients prepare for incidents includes developing response plans, playbooks, delivering training, and conducting exercises to test response plans. Responding to incidents includes helping clients manage technical and non-technical aspects of managing response to complex, large-scale incidents; conducting detailed technical analysis to help the clients identify the scope and magnitude security incident activity, develop timelines of activity, develop remediation recommendations and plans.
-Serve as subject matter expert in incident response and digital forensics
-Perform complex incident response technical analysis and develop technical conclusions based on analysis of evidence; review analysis and conclusions of other consultants
-Document findings, develop incident response remediation recommendations and present both orally and in written reports for clients
-Conduct assessments of client readiness to respond to incidents, including designing and delivering incident response exercises to test client incident response plans; review the assessments of other consultants
-Develop detailed incident response plans and playbooks based on client needs
-Design and deliver incident response exercises to test client incident response plans; oversee the delivery of exercises by other consultants
-Mentor junior staff
This position requires up to 50% travel.
This is a remote position.
- Minimum of 8 years of advanced security, digital and network forensics experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with one or more of the following tools: Encase, FTK, X-Ways, F-Response, Volatility, Open Source Forensics Tools
- Minimum of one or more of the following certifications: GREM, GCFA, GCFE, CISA or CISSP
- Malware analysis experience
- Understanding of vulnerabilities and tools used to discover, analyze, and exploit vulnerabilities
-Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, information assurance, or equivalent work experience
- Familiar with tactics, techniques, and procedures commonly employed by threat actors, and their motivations
- Understanding of at least one framework: ISO 27001/2, FISMA, PCI, HITRUST, NIST 800-series, CoBIT, PCI, etc.
- Strong technical communication skills (oral and written) including experience briefing executive management and desire to work with clients to solve complex security issues, including at times in crisis situations
- Experience briefing senior-level leadership, and conveying technical subject matter to audiences of varying backgrounds and skill levels
SecureWorks is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. SecureWorks encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R20708
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.