Incident Response Coordinator
What You'll Do
The Incident Coordinator will exercise agile project management techniques to coordinate Cisco Incident Response Services to cyber incidents on behalf of our customers. The best candidates for the role have a strong comprehension of incident response, can command a meeting and crisis, work well with other people and have strong verbal and written communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, ability to anticipate obstacles, and decision-making skills to handle the fast-paced world of incidents. Additionally, the Incident Coordinator may perform proactive work such as designing and performing Table Top Exercises and performing IR Readiness Assessments.
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you'll be part of a highly empowered collaborative team focused on both helping our clients be both better prepared to defend against adversaries on their network, as well as responding to active incidents within their network.
Who You Are
Both your clients and your teammates consider you a charismatic, articulate individual and a born diplomat. You check your ego at the door and learn from others constantly, while also helping to educate those who aren't as versed as you are in topics. As a result, you have a track record of working tirelessly to help your clients and teammates and have even come up with some novel techniques in your time.
• Respond to cyber incidents caused by internal and external threats to our customers, that may involve nontraditional working hours
• Coordinate response efforts to cyber incidents that may involve nontraditional working hours
• Serve as a liaison to different businesses and interface with fellow team members and colleagues on other security teams. As-needed, manage relationships with business partners, management, vendors, and external parties
• Design, lead and participate in Table Top Exercises with customers
• Lead and perform Incident Response Readiness Assessments for customers
• Draft communications, assessments, and reports that may be both internal and customer facing, to include leadership and executive management
• Understanding of different attacks and how best to design custom containment and remediation plans for customers
• Lead projects as directed by leadership
• Be a champion for process. Develop, document, and adhere to processes to ensure consistent and scalable response operations
• Demonstrate industry leadership through blog posts and public speaking at conferences and events
• Minimum 5 years of experience in information security
• Minimum 4 years of experience handling incidents
• Must be willing to be on-call and work off-shift hours, to include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Must be willing to routinely travel with less than 24-hour notice, up to 35% of the time
• 4-year degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree
• Detailed understanding of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT), Cyber Crime, Hacktivism and associated tactics
• Experience in host centric analysis utilizing a variety of tools (e.g. F-Response, X-Ways, Volatility, Cisco AMP, etc...)
• Experience in network centric analysis utilizing a variety of tools (e.g. ELK, StealthWatch, Cisco Umbrella, etc...)
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies, demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
• IT security certifications
• Industry certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, CFCE, GFCA, and/or GCFE
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.