At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Process Engineer for the Corporate Waste Management Incinerator within Materials Resource Division located at 3M Cottage Grove in Cottage Grove, MN. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Incinerator Process Engineer will be responsible for providing daily process engineering support to operations and driving continuous improvement projects to decrease environmental impact, improve safety, increase productivity, & reduce cost as well as partnering with 3M plants to profile waste to ensure regulatory compliance, meet safety, environmental, and productivity objectives. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide daily manufacturing support to operations to meet safety & productivity objectives.
- Track and analyze data to identify issues and provide guidance to improve operations
- Initiate and lead projects to improve safety and environmental performance, improve production efficiency, reduce cost, and improve equipment reliability & uptime
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma tools where applicable to drive improvement projects with sustainable results
- Work with 3M plants to profile and classify waste to meet regulations and requirements of waste disposal operations.
- Work with 3M plants on joint projects to ensure regulatory compliance, decrease environmental impact, increase efficiency & reduce overall waste cost to the company.
- Lead & participate in safety & environmental reviews (incident investigations, Process Hazard Analysis, Pre-startup Safety Reviews, Management of Change Reviews)
- Work with cross functional teams within the Incinerator and across 3M
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university in science or engineering
- Previous experience in a manufacturing and/or lab environment (internship/co-op experience applies)
- Bachelor degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- Working knowledge of chemistry
- Manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience working with hazardous waste/materials or waste management operations
- Experience with DOT & EPA waste regulations
- Experience applying statistical tools associated with Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
: Cottage Grove, MNSales Territory:
May include up to 5% domesticRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.