Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
- Serve as TIAA's primary relationship manager for affluent clients.
- Manage and develop an assigned book of business of client relationships across TIAA's products and services while complying with all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for growing the book of business through identifying value-added products and services for clients, identifying and acquiring client assets held outside of TIAA and developing additional business through referrals.
- Build and solidify client relationships pre- and post-retirement through a distinctive experience that leverages the unique value proposition of the Individual Advisory Service's business.
- Manages client relationships with the goal of developing first call status for all financial planning needs.
- Coordinates communications within a centralized service and support model.
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated advisory, client management and sales experience providing complex financial planning services for high net worth and affluent clients.
- Minimum of 3 years acting as a lead/primary relationship manager for a book high net worth and affluent clients. This experience entails demonstrated advisory, client management and proven sales experience providing complex financial planning services.
- Existing Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65) and appropriate state life insurance licenses are highly preferred. Candidates without existing licensing may be eligible for sponsorship per licensing guidelines.
- Strong track record in generating sales and a broad background in retirement products, general investment matters and applicable tax and estate planning issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage clients either over the phone or in a video conferencing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding client's financial situations and personal circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a distinctive and thoughtful experience that is aimed at providing appropriate advice for the client's situation that secures confidence and business.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating both written and orally with clients.
- Competent computing skills that include working with the Microsoft Office suite, CRM and proprietary systems.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred and weighted.
- Professional designation of Certified Financial Planner (CFP) also strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
A little about us: