Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Responsible for the development of the Industrial Waste Processing/Mechanical Dewatering business development strategic growth and retention plans consistent with established refining, chemicals, pulp and paper, metals strategic growth plans, and ensures their proper execution. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develops and implements business development operating plan, consistent with the accomplishment of long range established objectives which will enhance operating unit effectiveness and delineate responsibilities and authority (existing operations, maintenance, efficiency, and planner relationships in Refining, Chemicals, Pulp and Paper)
- 10 plus years' experience developing and maintaining relationships with operations and maintenance key decision makers and stakeholders - mechanical dewatering services (centrifuge, belt press, filter press, thermal dryers) in heavy manufacturing and industrial manufacturing segments (refining, chemicals, pulp and paper, metals, foods)
- Manages the research and analysis of business opportunities, assessing potential markets and developing projects for use in new marketing initiatives.
- Develops comprehensive unsolicited and solicited technical solution packages and proposals.
- Evaluates projects through financial feasibility studies, market research and planning.
- May also develop licensing objectives, policies and programs, initiating proposals, negotiations and presentations for the acquisition of licensing opportunities.
- Reviews and evaluates the total business development function performance against the opportunity pipeline on a continuing basis and establishes proper measures of performance.
- Develops business development forecasting and annual budget in a timely manner.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of managerial employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 0-3 full-time employees.
- Indirect supervision of 1-3 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Marketing, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 10 years of relevant work and industry experience.
- Experience: Ten years of relevant industry work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/heavy travel
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, as well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.