Under general supervision of the Operations Manager responsible for supporting the effective use and functionality of the automated equipment within a fully automated PkMS enabled Distribution Center.
- Ensures effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and systems.
- Diagnoses Materials Handling Equipment and Automated Picking System-related error conditions occurring in the Distribution Center and repairs appropriately.
- Oversees any maintenance modifications and/or system upgrades of Materials Handling Equipment and Automated Picking System controls.
- Assesses the efficiency of materials handling equipment and automated picking systems and defines necessary modifications.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance tasks to ensure continued productivity with warehouse operations.
- Maintains daily and monthly logs on repairs required and performed on equipment in the Distribution Center.
- Manages the inventory of spare parts.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed in order to meet productivity goals.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires some technical vocational training or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years related and progressively responsible experience; strong electrical background preferred.
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of mechanical electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) preferred.
- Strong aptitude for repair and maintenance activities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of computer systems and personal computers
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.