Under general direction of the Operations Manager oversees effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and material handling systems.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and systems.
- Diagnoses Materials Handling Equipment-related error conditions occurring in the Distribution Center and repairs appropriately.
- Oversees and provides assistance with any maintenance modifications and/or system upgrades of Materials Handling Equipment.
- Assesses the efficiency of materials handling equipment and defines necessary modifications.
- Manages the inventory of spare parts.
- Keeps distribution center management apprised of escalating abnormal or critical situations and coordinates resolutions/repairs with outside professional maintenance (if required).
- Provides assistance in the configuration maintenance modifications and system upgrades of MHE.
- Works with equipment and software vendors on design specifications and improvements.
- Develops and solicits bids from vendors for maintenance janitorial snow removal landscape and other contracts necessary to support all building and MHE systems.
- Responsible for associate relations functions including directing supervising and developing a staff of Maintenance Support Specialists.
- Associate is required to work split shifts nights and weekends as well as be on call to respond to downtime events.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Facilities /Plant Management preferred; requires some technical vocational training or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years related and progressively responsible experience; strong electrical background preferred. Experience in the development of preventive maintenance programs disaster planning and knowledge of diesel powered back-up generators electric and diesel fire pumps air handling units and roof top air conditioning units.
- Excellent technical and operational knowledge of mechanical electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Ability to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams and electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings.
- Strong aptitude for repair and maintenance activities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative working environment
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge of CAD preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of building automation system such as Trane Tracer Summit System and Manhattan Associates' Warehouse Management System PkMS is preferred
- Proactive problem solving skills; ability to recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to operate independently to multi-task and to prioritize quickly