Industrial Design Manager
We’re changing the way people engage with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. It’s audacious work at a massive scale. Here you’ll find hackers, rockers, artists, entrepreneurs, and data scientists. As a team, we come to work every day looking to build digital experiences that are authentic, bold and really change people’s lives for the better. Our team is growing and we’re looking for designers who lead by doing, have a passion for solving messy problems and who bring their enthusiasm and open-mindedness to work every day.
For the first time at Capital One, we are standing up a physical design practice. We have brought together a team of industrial designers, experience designers, space designer, design thinkers, engineers and UX/UI designers to create magic where the physical and digital worlds collide. We're seeking a seasoned and visionary Industrial Design leader to spearhead our efforts on the ID side of the house. This role will report directly to our Director of Industrial Design out of our San Francisco office and be a full time position. Help us define the voice of industrial design at Capital One.
What You Bring:
- Experience leading the design of hardware through manufacturing
- Experience with industrial design specifically of electronic devices.
- Experience as a rock star people manager and mentor.
- Ability to work and integrate well with engineering, product management and other design teams
- Financial experience is a plus, but by no means a requirement
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- 5 years of product and industrial design experience
- Master’s degree
- 7 years of product design experience
- 7 years of experience presenting concepts to peers, management, and executive stakeholders and influencing design, product and business direction
- 5 years of experience in client management, including relationship building with internal and external partners
- 3 years of experience directly managing creative teams (user experience architects, designers, copywriters, front-end developers, etc.) as well as cross-functional work groups
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.