The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices organization is currently recruiting for an Associate Industrial Designer located at our Ethicon campus in Cincinnati, OH.
With worldwide sales of over $27 billion, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented in the J&J Medical Device sector are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, DePuy/Synthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and Sterilmed.
The Associate Industrial Designer will:
- Be an integral part of the Industrial Design|Human Factors Team contributing to multiple programs at various stages in the product development process.
- Capture, communicate and refine ideas generated by you and others on the team. Determine the appropriate design approach, deliverables and level of detail based on the project scope and workload.
- Make informed design judgments as the project evolves, present a range of options and facilitate meaningful evaluation leading to concept selection.
- Strike a balance between aesthetics, manufacturability and usability as you generate and develop ideas.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience. Medical Device or clinical experience is a strong plus.
- Highly capable 3D modeling and advanced surfacing skills using Alias and/or SolidWorks and/or Unigraphics NX.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator. Animation, Graphic Design, Video or other Multi-Media software skills is a strong plus.
- Superior verbal, written and visual presentation skills.
- A self-directed, organized and priority driven work ethic.
- This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and may require up to 10% travel.
In order to be considered for this position, please send access to your portfolio.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.