The Industrial Designer must be able to provide efficient, timely, and creative packaging design and engineering solutions. Develop Cost effective, structurally sound retail product packaging, point of purchase displays, as well as redesigning existing packaging for improved performance and supply chain efficiencies.
- Develop packaging design solutions for technology and retail markets. This includes:
- Designing concepts thru sketches, 3D renderings and prototypes
- Create photorealistic 3D renderings of packaging concepts to the standard set by the GP management team for initial customer presentations. This includes 3D outputs from Artios CAD, and Solidworks
- Create flawless packaging prototypes using CAM table and 3D printers.
- Recommendation of materials
- Ensure all designs meet the customer testing standards.
- Remain up to date on new packaging trends, materials, and technology.
- Pro-actively participates in discussing design projects with sales, customers, outside vendors and other departments
- Be able to interpret direction from, customers, sales and GP management to design from concept, a solution that exceeds customer expectation.
- Work collaboratively with team members, graphic designers, and plant production sites (US & China) to identify and develop the best possible packaging solution.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.