Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric's Lexington, KY facility is seeking a motivated individual to serve as an Industrial Electrician for the support of its Manufacturing processes. Candidate should possess a strong level of knowledge in the maintenance, troubleshooting, operation, and improvement of Industrial systems utilizing PLCs, robotics, pneumatic & hydraulic systems, and servo controlled motion.
Schneider Electric is a dynamic, global company and Lexington Square D is a very vertically integrated MTS/MTO facility with a high level of automation. This position will be directly responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of Lexington’s manufacturing equipment.
- Electrical/Technical support for manufacturing operations including fabrication, metal finishing, and assembly, through Schneider Electric's Total Productive Maintenance program.
- Preventive, Predictive, and Reactive maintenance for various types of equipment and levels of automation including, but not limited to: stamping presses, welders, conveyors, automated assembly, and robotics.
- Technical support for robotics, vision systems, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interfaces, and pneumatic/hydraulic distribution
- Installation, wiring, and electrical panel builds for new or modified equipment
- Utilize provided documentation for troubleshooting or installation: electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
- Technical degree, electrical certification, with 5 years of related Experience
- Experience with installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining industrial equipment
- PLC troubleshooting Experience
- Ability to interpret Electrical and Mechanical Drawings
- Motion Control Experience
- Robot programming/troubleshooting Experience
- Machine Vision Experience
- Experience with Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Systems
Skills and Competencies
- Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel
- Self-motivated and driven individual desiring to make an immediate impact
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and strategically eliminate barriers
- Ability to identify waste and drive it out of complex processes
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Strong understanding of industrial and electrical safe work practices
- Must be available for daily and weekend overtime.
- Must be able to work second or third shift.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.