The Dow Chemical Company has a job opportunity for an Industrial Electrician
(Maintenance Technician) to join the Electrical Team at the Mt. Meigs, Alabama
site for Dow Corning Silicones. The Industrial Electrician performs troubleshooting, repair, and calibration work on industrial electrical circuitry and components. The successful candidate will be part of a diverse team including Dow Crafts, Contract Crafts, Maintenance Engineers, Reliability Engineers, and plant personnel focused on improving the reliability of the plant assets. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Work on circuits from 24VDC to 480VAC
- Resolve deficiencies found during inspection/test
- Install electrical systems and equipment.
- Perform routine scheduled and non-scheduled electrical troubleshooting, repair, and calibrations.
- Locate and correct power failures and short circuits.
- Make modifications to programming and configuration of programmable logic controllers and distributed process control systems.
- Knowledge and use of electrical test meters such as Voms meggers loops simulators and clamp meters.
- Be able to read electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Perform mechanical repairs as needed to plant equipment.
- Write maintenance procedures as required for performing routine and standard maintenance tasks.
- Able to work the occasional off-hour and weekend shifts to support plant outages and unplanned events. Must be able to work shift work if assigned to a shift position as an electrician.
- Must be able to work on-call rotation as required for this role.
- Must have current, valid US driver's license.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks
- Able to work within an empowered team environment
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision with in an empowered team environment.
- Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of others. Strong understanding and commitment to their own and the safety of others.
- Physical Demands: (Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
- Be able to work from heights and within confined spaces, ability to c limb ladders up to 24 ft.
- Perform tasks off a scissor lift /aerial lift
- Ability to lift and work with objects (up to and including) 50 lbs.
- Equipment inventory at roof level
- Full outreach ability
- Ability to read, understand work processes, drawings and safety procedures
- Able to work in awkward positions
- Able to work in inclement weather
- Work in area powered by 20 megawatt arc furnaces where molten medal is processed.
- Must be able to hear and see alarms and visually inspect equipment
- Work in areas that are somewhat uncomfortable due to draft, noise, temperature variations or the like.
- Work in areas that are very unpleasant because of extreme temperatures, noise levels, odors, dusts or other conditions.
- Ability to determine full range of colors in work areas, drawings and mapping.
- Ability to move about commercial properties and construction sites, through tight passageways and corridors. On feet throughout start-up process.
- Able to pass medical examination for full face respirator use.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- NCCER journeyman certified in Electrical craft (NCCER Certification obtained through an Instructor Led Training Program is a preference).
- Experience working in a foundry environment
- Experience with SAP ECC (enterprise computer system)
- Equivalent in military experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent AND one of the following is required:
- Two (2) year Associates degree or trade-school in an electrical discipline
- Three (3) or more years experience as an electrician in an industrial setting
- Four (4) or more years of military training/experience as an Electrician / Electrical based craft.
**The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.** About DowDuPont:
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food. Andthere’s a science to our success. Discover how we do it.