Eaton, Power Systems has an Industrial Electrician- 3rd shift opening in Waukesha, WI (Badger dr).
Troubleshoots and repairs potential failure and breakdowns involving electrical, electronic and logic systems machinery, equipment and plant utilities
1. Troubleshoots, wires and repairs complex electrical and electronic equipment or machinery. Installs conduit, control boxes, switches, electrical cabinets, circuit breakers, etc., as required. Wires complex electronic equipment such as PLC’s, DNC’s, and CNC’s. Performs all electrical work in lower classifications.
2. Performs preventive maintenance on machinery, equipment and control circuitry to insure proper operation. Makes necessary adjustments or repairs.
3. Performs repairs on machinery/equipment to include hydraulic and pneumatic repairs. Problems for which assistance is required are referred to the supervisor for correct action.
4. Assists in the installation and relocation of production machines and equipment. Sets up precision machinery.
5. Performs simple layout and fabrication of miscellaneous weldments from sketches or drawings using various welding equipment.
6. Performs simple machining and forming of parts and material as required.
7. Performs plant utility maintenance involving the repair, replacement, and installation of electrical, air, water, oil, gas or steam lines.
8. Operates various industrial vehicles used in material/machinery moving or snow removal.
9. Assists in on-the-job training of employees in lower classifications. Assists other classifications with work normally assigned to them. May serve as a project leader and direct the activities of lower classification personnel. Capable of performing duties associated with lower classifications.
• Completed 4 year State Indentured Electrical Apprenticeship with additional technical education in electronic repair or an Associate’s Degree in electronics field from an accredited institution is required
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with industrial equipment.
• Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship
• Must live within 50 miles of work location in order to be considered. No relocation provided.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.