The Industrial Engineer will be supporting Retail Distribution.Centers. We are looking for candidates who have developed specialized skills in their field, demonstrate professional maturity and have demonstrated a capability to successfully manage and complete complex projects with minimal oversight. This Industrial Engineer will be challenged with broader, more complex, network and supply chain projects, program auditing, act as mentor/trainers for junior engineers, etc. Candidates for this position must consistently exhibit a positive attitude and demeanor as well as serve as a role model of the CVS Values. Candidate must possess sufficient skills to successfully manage other engineers. Responsibilities of this Industrial Engineer include but are not limited to:
1. Provide engineering support for the establishment of accurate labor standards using time study or equivalent techniques.
2. Maintain complete standards and methods documentation, perform all scheduled audits. Adjust standards, procedures, and layouts as needed to reflect changes in business requirements, policy and procedure to assure
3. Support of all performance management initiatives.
4. Improve work methods by analyzing methods and procedures to ascertain the most efficient way to perform all
warehouse tasks. (Reducing steps, travel, nonvalue added time, and waste, deploying best practices, work simplification,
staff planning, balancing, and identification/removal of barriers to productivity).
5. Optimize material flow (Travel reduction, process balancing, optimizing storage utilization and putaway logic, and efficient slotting) 6. Provide Operations team with necessary support and guidance for improving utilization of our
resources (Direct and Indirect Labor, equipment, space, etc.)
7. Provide technical support for material handling system improvement (configuration, improved capacity, efficiency)
8. Monitor and maintain an a deep understanding of variables impacting key performance metrics, contributing input and
support to team in achieving targets.
9. Provide guidance and support for cost reduction projects.
10. Manage broader, more complex supply chain projects as assigned.
11. Assist in auditing for network performance management program compliance as
12. Assist with mentor ship / training of more junior
13. Perform other related duties as assigned by Director.Required Qualifications:
1+ years related engineering experience
• Must have “engineering standards” experience
• Maintain labor management or production management system, maintenance of standards
• Support local operations on continuous improvements, analysis, streamlining processes and eliminating waste (labor/cost impact)
Experience in MS Excel, Word, Access, Power Point and Project
* 3+ years in a distribution environment
* BSIE or equivalent engineering degree
* Labor standards system and standard development experience
* Capital expenditure justification and working knowledge of engineering economics
* History of successful project management experience
* Experience with EXE or Infor WMS/LMS or similar WMS/LMS
* Cognos experience a plus
* ISO 9001/2008 experience or Kaisan a plus
* Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
* Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering strongly preferred.Education:Bachelors Degree is required.Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/