The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to the distribution center with regard to material handling systems, facilities improvement, ergonomic design, production methods and procedures, systems development and implementation, and budgeting. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Optimize current processes within the distribution center through the development and implementation of improved procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Develop cost benefit analyses and financial models to support the distribution center's requirements, designs, and alternative selections to existing systems.
- Act as the primary contact for material handling equipment vendors with regard to on-site issues and their equipment and systems.
- Interact with the General Manager to develop the distribution center's capital and expense budgets.
- Develop and maintain labor standards and the productivity monitoring system for the distribution center.
- Perform time studies to support production standards.
- Manage capital improvement projects, including the development and execution of plans to support additional product lines or increased store volume and the development of estimates for the equipment, systems, and personnel needed to complete various projects.
- Assist with the preparation of job performance instructions.
- Research ergonomic and safety issues in the facility; make improvements as needed.
- Provide technical support to the Maintenance, Operations, and Information Services groups located in the distribution center.
- Maintain the distribution center's layout, plans, and drawings.
- Develop various conceptual, alternative, and installation drawings.
*Rite Aid does not currently provide a performance visa for this position Experience / Requirements
The following qualities are required:
- Minimum age of 21 years old due to the education and experience required.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and computer aided design (CAD) systems.
The following qualities are helpful:
- Experience with Time Study and Labor Standards is preferred
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Ten-key punch speed of four thousand (4,000) SPH.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred), plus two (2) years' experience in distribution; or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, experience interacting with outside consultants, material handling and distribution experience preferred.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.