At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Industrial Engineer for the 3M DK6 Distribution Center located in DeKalb, IL. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Industrial Engineer will provide Industrial Engineering support for the 3M DeKalb Distribution Center, focusing on internal improvements, productivity enhancements, and driving cost reduction. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with warehouse supervision and workforce for the improvements noted utilizing methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean.
- Develop and maintain process standards.
- Identify and actively participate in processes and procedures focused on increasing productivity, reducing costs, and improving safety and quality.
- Assist the operation in troubleshooting various problems and in optimization of existing processes/products.
- Provide technical expertise to assist in administering and facilitating engineering projects and or programs.
- Function as statistical as well as technical resource.
- Build and foster a positive working relationship with clients and vendors in addition to internal resources.
- Make recommendations for new plant machinery purchases.
- P ossess or in your last year of pursuing a Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university
- E xperience working on process improvement projects (either private sector or academic)
Location: Dekalb, ILTravel: May include up to 10% [domestic/international]Relocation: Is authorized
- Previous distribution and/or manufacturing experience is preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project experience and/or certification is preferred
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal communication, analytical, and organizational skills to manage different priorities
- Experience utilizing statistical tools in problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to successful, on-time completion in a safe manner as well as have the ability to be an active contributing team member
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.