Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company!You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States! Job Description Allied Universal
is currently looking for Emergency Response Officers (ERO)
. Three Emergency
Response Officers per turn will be supplied by the Contractor on a 24/7 basis (504 hours weekly) to provide fire and
security at ArcelorMittal USA Inc. (Indiana Harbor East) and ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor Inc. (Indiana Harbor West).
ERO responsibilities will include duties associated with the plant security and access control program consisting of personnel
pass clearance and issuance; mobile and foot patrol; access control of employee and non-employee personnel and vehicles
entering and exiting the plant; control of material being brought onto and removed from the property; enforcement of
the Plant Employee and Non-Employee Rules and regulations; enforcement of the Plant Traffic Safety Program, enforcement
of the Homeland Security Facility Security Plan; investigation of vehicle accidents, property thefts, loss related incidents
and other abnormal or unusual conditions, completion of all accident and security related reports and logs and any other
reasonable related security tasks.
Additional responsibilities of the Emergency Response Officer
position will include, but not limited to,
- EROs will be responsible for the response to all hazardous material incidents as well as rescue situations involving
but not limited to confined space incidents, aerial or high angle incidents, water related incidents, vehicle entrapment,
and equipment entrapment.
- EROs will be responsible for the response to all fire prevention and suppression activities of whatever kind or nature
relating to structures, buildings, and other assets located on the plant property.
- EROs will be expected to acquire a working knowledge of the fire detection, suppression, and transmission systems on
the plant property including system operation, system deactivation, system support activities, and system restoration.
- EROs will be responsible for the completion of various fire maintenance duties. These duties will include but not be
- the pickup, refilling, servicing, delivery and required testing of plant fire extinguishers;low pressure hydrostatic
- refilling SCBA
- inspection and recharging of C02 cartridges used in Ansul fire extinguish
- fire alarm system testing;
- hydrant testing;
- fire department connection inspections;
- Hose reel inspections and any other reasonable fire maintenance related tasks.
- EROs will be responsible for completing all fire, fire maintenance and fire system related reports associated with
their work duties.
Qualified applicants for the Emergency Response Officers (ERO)
position will meet the minimum requirements,
as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes preferred.
- Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver's license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
- Must have current certification as Firefighter II (State of Indiana),
- Must be certification at the HazMat Operations Level and qualified in confined space and high angle rescue operations.
- If not already certified in some aspect of emergency medical care, ERO's will be expected to take such training to at
least the level of a First Responder.
- Must have a clean criminal record.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen/background check.
- Prior military, law enforcement or experienced ERO personnel preferred.
- Individual must be able to pass a State level fit test.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Requisition ID