Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Construction/Piping Installation Technician in the Conyers, GA area. This is a residence-based position. Successful candidate will:
- Be responsible to install product storage, processing and delivery equipment at or for customer sites.
- Be an independent and motivated person, able to handle numerous projects at once.
- Possess good communication skills a must (both verbal and written).
- Have good organization skills.
- Be familiar with piping systems, valves, tanks and equipment.
- Have excellent project skills in the area of scope development, customer interface, and overall project management a plus.
- Be knowledgeable in equipment selection, crane coordination, transportation scheduling, installation, startup support, contractor/maintenance tech supervision and customer training are keys to success in this position.
Successful candidate will be required to demonstrate extremely high standards of safety performance, both while performing activities at system or customer sites, and while driving company vehicle. Construction/Piping Installation Technicians are among those employees with the highest exposure to our customers. As such, all grade levels of Technicians will present a professional appearance, confidence, and demeanor at all times. In addition, the Technicians must:
- Demonstrate Safety aptitude and willingness to learn/be coachable.
- Demonstrate and practice working knowledge of safe rigging and lifting procedures.
- Demonstrate quality brazing techniques
- Demonstrate and practice safe handling of hand tools and hand power tools typically and commonly used in installation and maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to read engineering drawings, flow sheets, equipment layout, piping drawings, and electrical controls schematics.
- Understand the properties, behavior, and hazards of the products he/she is likely to encounter.
- Exhibit basic project management skills, including where appropriate, equipment and materials selection, contractor supervision, system startup and operational readiness procedures, and proper system technical and commercial documentation.
- Possess and demonstrate strong internal and external customer interface skills and aptitude.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel, InfoPath
- Familiarity with cryogenic and gas delivery systems
- Excellent communication skills; technical writing, phone etiquette and email
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years experience in maintenance/installation
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Performance Materials Division serves the polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2016 sales of $9.5 billion and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 17,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, 401K plans.
** Only local candidates will be considered** To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19801BR.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.